Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Week in Fast Forward

This week has been pretty good. It is spring break here and the lake and park are full! Jarelyn has loved making lots of new friends(even if they were just for a week)! I remember as a kid setting up kool-aid stands with friends in Eden(you can imagine our great success-LOL). My own little entrepreneur was a lot smarter than I was at that age. She got out her art supplies and created beautiful “master pieces”. She then informed me she was having a “yard sale”! Many campers walked by our camp smiling at Jarelyn and passing by. She decided to take advertising to another level as “they must not know what a yard sale is in Texas”… She had her dad make a sign that should say in BIG letters Yard Sale! Jared instead created a sign that said, “I’m cute huh!” Jarelyn doubted her dad and came to ask mom if he had completed it correctly! She is too smart… discrediting myself I smiled and said yep it looks great. I hope she will forgive me. Jarelyn finally lured in her first victim aka customer and the woman had obviously watched many unsuccessful kool-aid stands of her own, because she careful looked over each piece of art and then said that she would have to go to her camper to get some money but that she would be back. I smiled as I listened inside and was thankful that she had at least made Jarelyn feel noticed in her endeavor. To my surprise a few minutes later she came back and gave Jarelyn a dollar for a signed master piece! She thanked the lady and ran in the camper to show me she had earned her first REAL dollar! I buy things but we use our imagination for moneyJ
Another neighbor (Mike that travels with construction) has a cute little puppy that loves Jarelyn. Her name is Dixie and last week had to have a little surgery on her tummy. Jarelyn worked very hard to make her little crafts and cards to help her get better. On Thurs we had Scott from Jared’s work over for dinner-Christa and Rachel were still gone for spring break. We baked cupcakes and when Mike and Dixie stopped by on their evening walk Jarelyn couldn’t wait to give one to him. She really is the hostess with the mostest! When they were finally cooled off we frosted them and she ran one out right awayJ We had a good visit with Scott and look forward to getting to know their family better.
On Friday Mike brought Jarelyn a surprise of new markers(washable for mom) and colored pencils. Jarelyn felt like royalty. I was very proud of her manners and appreciation. Noni and Pa had sent a package that day with a Thumbelina coloring book so she couldn’t wait to color a picture for a thank you card for Mike and Dixie. Mike said he had another gift for her but wasn’t sure if mom would let her have it. He said it was a shipping pillow and that he used to play on them all the time when he was a kid. I had never heard of them. These things are SO FUN! It is a nylon gunnysack about 3 feet long and about 2 feet around full of air! Jarelyn rides it like a buckin’ bronco. It works as a teeter-totter also. I think every kid in the park has been by to play with the strange toy! Jarelyn was so great though before she ever went out and played on it she came in and made her thank you card! When Jared got home he told me he had volunteered us to help a co-worker move at 8:30 in the morning. Some people will say I’m crazy but I was so excited! Todd and Sherry have 2 little girls (2 & 4) so it was more friends for Jarelyn to meet.
We got up early to go help move Todd and Sherry. The lived in a small neighborhood and so Jared thought it would be easy to find and didn’t bother with small details like what road or house #. We drove up and down every street twice and never found them. I was a little put out- okay he was in deep trouble! He had at least gotten directions to their new house so I said lets head over there and maybe we could at least help un-load their stuff. Just as we left another one of Jared’s co-workers Roy pulled up beside us on the road they rolled down their windows and he said that Todd’s house was back that way. Jared waved and asked if he had caught any fish. WHAT?!! (Roy was camping at the lake for the weekend and Jared didn’t really hear what he said) Roy shrugged his shoulders and started rolling up his window. Jared looked at me and said I think he said Todd’s house is back that way… LOL I said ya you think! He motioned for them to pull over. Roy gave us the address and luckily we were able to still help them move. They are good people. Roy and Rod(another warrenCAT guy) helped move them too. It was fun getting to know them and was nice to know that there are good people here willing to help each other out. After we got things unloaded we went to a birthday party for Jewels across the lake. Jarelyn had fun with all the little girls running around and screaming!
Today we went to church- it was refreshing to get to go to church, but it sure isn’t home! It is going to take a while to get used to Texans I suppose! Maybe in was Pima that was so crazy! LOL Maybe this IS normal?!
We have been looking at probably getting a bigger camper and just staying here at the lake. Although work is steady here now I am not sure about getting a house or signing a lease any where and Jared doesn’t want to rent and throw our money away so this seems to be our compromise that we both feel comfortable with for now. While we are looking if something else is meant to happen I guess we will adaptJ It is hard to beat waking up at the lake though- even in our little camper!
My new out look on life reflects a saying I came across in my reading last week:
There are 2 kinds of people in the world, those that say, “Thy will be done”, and others that force the Lord to say, “Fine have it your way”!

1 comment:

  1. You have such a great outlook on life! I love reading your blog and catching up with your life...more so, it seems, than even when you lived in AZ! :)

    ReplyDelete