Tuesday, March 10, 2009

room to play

This is the 2nd time I have tried to post this so it will be a lot shorter this time! We got to go to Odessa with Jared for his NEOP training. Before we left I had looked up some things online. When we first moved to SA I asked Jarelyn if she wanted to be in soccer or dance or cheer and she said um I will do iceskating! LOL what? Well the mall here has a rink so I surprised the kids by taking them to skate. Jarelyn's eyes got so big. Mom she said, Ive been dreaming of this for so long!" Some days there is nothing more rewarding than being a mom! The kids did so good. Jarelyn was so determind and within 30min was out in the middle of the ice doing spins and jumping and other "tricks". JT and Joey were having a blast chasing each other and playing cops n robbers. They skated for a full 2 hrs, right up to closing time. Before we hit the mall we had to find a bed for Daisy. We dont know anyone to feed her while we are gone yet and Warren booked our hotel and they dont allow pets. It was clear on the other side of town but we found it and made it back pretty easy. I am getting good at finding my way around new places! Thanks Dad for teaching me North, South, East, and West. I am surprised how many people dont have a good since of direction or even know where North is in there hometown:) After we left the mall we met Jared for dinner and then went back to the hotel. The pool was freezing and it was wendy anyway. Jarelyn had bought a new swim suit just for our trip and wanted to swim so bad. I just filled up the bathtub and she was good to go. She is such a trooper always happy with the simple things. I hope she always keeps that attitude. It was so nice to take a shower all by myself! Jared and I are looking forward to sleeping on a real bed and the kids are happy to have room to play!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Texas! I'm so glad you are getting settled in. It sounds like you are getting used to your new life. Texas is very different than Arizona!! I hope ya'll can take a field trip our way soon-

    ReplyDelete