I dont know why I ever thought it would be hard to find friends in Texas- Jarelyn wouldnt stand for it! I have to give her all the credit for my latest adventure. At our Monday night cookout she befriended a couple of kids and their dad ended up befriending Jared and I back! lol Come to find out he is the son of the owners of our RV park. We exchanged phone #s and on Tue he called to invite me to play Bunco with his wife as a sub in their group. I almost didnt go but Jared encouraged me to give it a try. I am so glad I went it was so fun! Every month one of the girls hosts the girls night with dinner, drinks, and dessert! We played 3 rounds(this is a dice game if you are like me and had heard of Bunco but didnt have a clue what it was). At the end of the night they give out prizes for the most wins, buncos, loses, and snake eyes. Everyone pitches in $6 and that is the "prize". I tied with Jasons mother in law for the most wins 13! We had to have a rolloff to see who won. I was a little more timid than normal for me(anyone that has ever competed with me at a baby/bridal shower game will know what I mean!!)I offered to just split the pot with her and the girls said no way this is for $$ girl! We rolled for the first Bunco(3 of a kind) and I won! I have always liked playing dice. My dad started me out early playing ship captain crew, rolling for the jukebox was so much fun. To my pleasant surprise I treaure those memories. Jared took Jarelyn to Jason and Chandra's and she got to play with Dylan and Lainey. It was really a winning night for all of us.
We went from having no friends to having too much to do! Friday some friends we've made in the park are having a send off cook out before they leave. Sat Scott, Christa, and Rachel invited us over for dinner and Sunday we have another bday party!
Today I feel very content and at perfect peace. Although I dont know why, I know this is where the Lord wants me and my family to be.
"Commitment is not an emotion; it's a character quality that enables us to reach our goals!"
Forever For Always No Matter What
- McClain family
- I am so happy to be back HOME! A piece of my heart will always belong to Texas... I learned so much while I was there! I found a greater appreciation for family, true friends, the Grace of God, and to always stop and smell the flowers along the way! Arizona is a beauty all its own and anyone that says it isnt beautiful has never been here! With all the rain we had the hills were carpeted with wildflowers the way I remember from childhood! I LOVE waking up in the morning and sitting on my porch swing and enjoying the majesty of beautiful Mt Graham! My life isnt what I planned... but So much more then I ever dreamed!!
That's a great feeling to know you're right where you need to be!
ReplyDeleteAnd, i'm not at all surprised by all your friends, how could they not like you and Jeralyn?!
I am not surprised, my dear, that you have friends already! I know there are more to come. Now, you have to teach them all how to play pitch! :)
ReplyDelete