On a happier note, we had a lot of fun while they were here. We made the best of the bad wheather by going and looking at houses. On Thurs we all celebrated Jared's birthday. He was so excited to get a new pair of boots(especially because I had told him there was NO WAY that was going to happen!)
We decided to check out the rollerskating/blading rink here. The kids had a blast. Jarelyn liked iceskating better- I think they all did, but there was a jumping castle and arcade to keep Jarelyn entertained and the boys chased each other around all night! Jared and I just watched and laughed. So many friends and family called or sent txt to tell Jared happy birthday- Thankyou! I wish we could have all been spending it together. On Friday Gma/pa D got here and brought David(a new "adopted" grandkid). I rented a cabin here at the rv park right behind us for them to stay in. It was nice being able to be together. Sat we all went to check out the town. It was fun to show off our new little area and I got to go to a few antique shops:) Im not sure I really appreciate seeing stuff I grew up with in an antique store!! IM NOT THAT OLD!
For dinner we went to Zetner's Daughters one of the oldest stake houses in SA. It is really yummy and have HUGE plates! Our waiter was so funny, he was probably the best waiter Ive had at a restraunt. Jared was worried that I liked him "a little too much" LOL he liked to travel, was working on his masters, was cute and witty, Jared said that was the first time in our married life he felt insecure. I told Jared I didnt need that much competition and the fact that he was gay should reasure him he had nothing to worry about!
We went to show everyone the house we looked at after dinner. It is across the street from a guy Jared works(Scott and his wife Christa) with and they have a little 5yr old named Rachel. We were in the back yard and could hear them out front. Jared said there's Rachel, and the boys asked who that was. Jarelyn(who has never met Rachel) said as she ran back around to the front, oh she's my best friend from SA! Their house is a lot like the layout of the one we were looking at so they offered to let us come see theirs. Jarelyn and Rachel hit it right off. They both have the same princess poster hanging over their beds even! They played for about 1/2 and hour while we all talked. They are on Spring Break here next week and Christa and Rachel are going to visit her parents, but we planned a play date when they get back. We went to the mall to get the boys a Texas Longhorn shirt and they ended up picking hats instead:) When we got back to the park we all sat around the cabin telling stories and laughing. It was a great way to end our time together. Today I got the laundry done and updated my blog so it must be time for a nap:) ttfn

No comments:
Post a Comment