"Commitment is not an emotion; it's a character quality that enables us to reach our goals!"
Forever For Always No Matter What
- McClain family
- I am so happy to be back HOME! A piece of my heart will always belong to Texas... I learned so much while I was there! I found a greater appreciation for family, true friends, the Grace of God, and to always stop and smell the flowers along the way! Arizona is a beauty all its own and anyone that says it isnt beautiful has never been here! With all the rain we had the hills were carpeted with wildflowers the way I remember from childhood! I LOVE waking up in the morning and sitting on my porch swing and enjoying the majesty of beautiful Mt Graham! My life isnt what I planned... but So much more then I ever dreamed!!
Friday, February 27, 2009
Hello World!
WOW I didnt realize how much I used the internet:) I have felt lost not having it. I feel cut off from civilization. Anyway, it has been an interesting first week. The trip over went good for the first 11hrs! About 30 miles out of SA Jared and Jarelyn hit a deer in front of me. My nerves were shot and that really pushed me over the edge. We made it to our camp spot and it was beautiful! There were 6 deer in our front yard when we pulled in- of course Jared and Jarelyn thought we had died and gone to heaven. We are right on the lake, about 200yds maybe. Day two Jarelyn and I decided to go out and see our new town. We were only gone 20 min when we were stopped at a red light and a lady ran into us! Everyone is okay and luckily our car and truck made it through without any damage from the deer and the crazy lady:) Jarelyn loves SA and says we can stay here forever! She loves the soccer balls up in the air(water towers LOL). Day three 1/3 of the cell towers in Texas went out so we couldnt call anyone. Jarelyn and I went to take a shower and the lights are on a timer, ya didnt set that long enough... ended up in the dark and Jarelyn was not happy with me! I finished shaving in the dark and told her it would be okay I would turn the lights back on in a second. I got out and I stepped on a SCORPION!! Are you kidding me?! I have lived in AZ for 30 yrs with no problems and I make it 3 days in TX! Okay so by the time I go to bed I am really ready to be back home in AZ. Jarelyn told Jared after he hit the deer, "this vacation is over!" LOL Im with her! Day 4 we are starting to feel better, by that I mean me. Jarelyn and I got lost but ended up finding the library and the internet!! So day 4 is the best so far:) Hope everyone is doing good. We love and miss you all! Love Jared, Judy, & Jarelyn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I couldn't believe you went all the way to Texas to find a scorpion...should have had plenty in Eden..I hope Jared gets some rest this weekend, he has to be exhausted with all he's had to do and all the stress this last couple weeks. We were told your phone wouldn't work so we haven't tried to call, but, we will today. We had a message on our home phone from Jared, but, we have been to Mayo all week and will need to make at least 2 more trips for appointments. The trips seem to get longer each time. I hope your days continue to get better (can't get any worse). Give my girl a hug for me...Gram
ReplyDeleteSo glad you made it there ok..sorry about the deer...that would have freaked me out! I miss those water towers...and all the greenery. Sorry about the scorption too...have you seen any tarantulas? And watch out for the chiggers! :) Jarelyn will like the armadillos and opposums - if you spot them. Enjoy your days! xoxo
ReplyDelete