Home again home again... jiggity jig! We left Eden Sunday night to try to avoid some holiday traffic (and a little heat). We drove to Anthony just inside the Texas state line and Jared and the kids slept for about 5 hrs in the camper(as much as I wanted, I couldnt fall asleep). By 8:30am we were back on the road and every mile we got closer to San Angelo, felt closer to home to me.
Jarelyn was so excited to be back in Texas! Jared told her he was lost and she said "that's okay dad I remember how to get home just keep going on this road 'til I tell you to turn on Knickerbocker":)
I would have never thought that I would be so content with my "roots" cut off, but the truth is I probably needed this "trial" in my life more than any other I have faced. I have gained so much from the "neighbors" that have come and gone here in our RV park. Some have only been here for a week others for a few months. Yesterday Jarelyn got a birthday package from Mike, Brooke, Dixie, and Rebel(a wonderful family that befriended us and has kept in touch with their continued travels)them along with a handful of other wonderful friends we have made have really helped me to see that you dont have to grow up in the same small town or your families know each other for generations to care for each other and have a lasting friendship. Honestly it seems from my conversations that all towns(more so in smaller ones)enjoy the same fame... lots of drama:) Im glad for my friends both new and old and look forward to happy memories in the future with all of them.
We are slowly finding homes for all our STUFF in our new camper. It would be so much easier to unload the old camper if everything just had a place already to move it to. There are many layouts in the RV world but I have to say we couldnt have picked out a better one for us. Having the toyhauler to use as a seperate bedroom for the kids is GREAT!
One of my favorite quotes of all time is, "home is where your story begins"... I am happy to know that and even more for the homes I have had in my life to "begin my story" in!
"Commitment is not an emotion; it's a character quality that enables us to reach our goals!"
Forever For Always No Matter What
- McClain family
- I am so happy to be back HOME! A piece of my heart will always belong to Texas... I learned so much while I was there! I found a greater appreciation for family, true friends, the Grace of God, and to always stop and smell the flowers along the way! Arizona is a beauty all its own and anyone that says it isnt beautiful has never been here! With all the rain we had the hills were carpeted with wildflowers the way I remember from childhood! I LOVE waking up in the morning and sitting on my porch swing and enjoying the majesty of beautiful Mt Graham! My life isnt what I planned... but So much more then I ever dreamed!!
I knew you would find a "home" there...and a happy adventure as well.
ReplyDeleteSorry I missed you while you were here...maybe next time!