Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Colorado Road Trip (part 1)

The last week of May we hoped in the car and set out on an exciting adventure... We had no way of knowing it would be the adventure of a lifetime! I LOVE live music! I had told Jared that it would be neat to go to Colorado and see a concert at Red Rocks amphitheater about 3 years ago. Back then we looked up the calendar of events and didn't really see any acts that we wanted to see, and it slid to the back burner of things to cross off our bucket lists. In February Wade Bowen posted that he was going to be playing there in May! I couldn't believe that not only would I get to go to a concert there, BUT my Favorite band to boot!! Woohoo! Jarelyn has been wanting to go to a concert, but most are not all age venues and I wanted her first concert to be one that was very memorable. This would definitely be!! Her birthday was coming up and that seemed like the ideal gift. It just got better when I looked up the event and saw that 4 of our favorite Texas bands would be playing together!! I called Jared to tell him the news. Luckily my sweet hubby can tell when he answers the phone and hears my giddy giggles that there is something GREAT getting ready to happen and answers with, "where are we going?" I Love Him!! Great music combined with acoustics that Only the Lord could perfect sounded like paradise to me! Because of the way the show date fell he needed to take off a week. Since he works 7 on & 7 off that gave us 3 WEEKS OFF TOGETHER!!! By the time May came around I had been overwhelmed with a lot of life "stuff"... Usually I love the planning part of our trips. It's part of the whole experience for me. Normally. This time I didn't want to have to think, I was just mentally and physically spent. I told Jared, I have the tickets, we need to be in Denver on Sunday by 4pm I haven't looked at a map or hotels or anything. Im sure he must have thought I was kidding because I plan trips to Safford! When we loaded the car Friday morning he realized I wasn't kidding, but he went right along with me on our drive til we get there mode. We saw some of the most beautiful country Ive ever seen! Jared having had his own trucking business knows the country and roads well (Im sure part of the reason I was able to not feel the "need" to plan our route and know it would be fine). Jared has told me stories about places and things he's seen and I had forgotten about a little spot next to a river that he had seen years ago that every time he passed he would think some day I want to bring my family and have a picnic right here... He hadn't, he pulled into a Subway and when I went to get a table he said no we are not eating here. It was a neat treat to get to share in that dream he had so long ago!We went and saw some local art downtown and had fun taking pictures of each other. The drive was so fun! I am so blessed to have a family that travels well & especially a great man that enjoys driving. We got up Sunday morning and Jarelyn and I were SO EXCITED! Jarelyn has wanted to learn to play the fiddle since we lived in Texas. After 2 years of piano I thought she was ready. So I bought her a fiddle and in March one of the bands {Casey Donahew Band} that would be in CO, played in Tucson. I took it with us to the show and had him sign it for her and planned to give it to her today. She was able to get the playlist from Wade, Stoney LaRue invited her to come dance on stage while he sang, to go back stage with Casey Donahew, and ended up on stage with her fiddle playing in the finale with Randy Rogers and All the guys!! WOW!! I am still speechless about how amazing that whole experience was!! Jarelyn not only had an amazing first concert, but can say she had her first fiddle lesson from Brady Black!!

No comments:

Post a Comment