Happy Birthday America
We had a great 4th of July weekend! Friday Daddy was off and that meant boat time! We spent the whole day out on the lake. The Air Force here has a rec area where you can rent boats and other things(that would be hard to have while in the military moving all the time) I was unaware that these were available to the men and women that serve our country... it is a small thing but it made me happy to know that while they go without so much that they could enjoy something my family finds so much joy in. One of our neighbors is retired AF so she rented a pontoon boat while her daughter and 2 grandsons were here from Dallas. We met them out on the lake and pulled the boys on the tube ALL DAY! I think Dad said Joey went the fastest:)
Friday night San Angelo has a celebration on the river with an orchestra and firework show. They display a HUGE flag hung from the bridge and shoot off canons through out the show. The show begins with a AF flyover. This was the first time I remember seeing one and it was AWESOME!
We didnt get home until 11pm. Heidi had waited up and attacked the boys with water balloons!
On Sat the Wilson family(Scott, Crista, Rachel, Chery, Jim, Devon, and Conner) came out for thier turn on the boat! Scotts parents are great people and we really enjoyed having them and their grandsons over. I baked an apple pie with Texas state cut-outs that the boys all thought was cool...
the Oreo cookie cake was still the hit of the day as always! It was beautiful watching the fireworks on the lake!
I can hardly believe that summer is half over! Monday JT Joey Jarelyn Daisy and I said our goodbyes to Daddy and left to head back to Arizona. It was a nice trip. I dont know if it is just getting familiar but this trip was easier than any of the others I have made in the past 4 months! We actually made it back in 10hrs this time and that was stopping for lunch and fire crackers:)

soudns like a spectacular 4th! So, are you here now? until summer is over?
ReplyDeleteYou guys look so festive in your pix....with your red hair!
And...your apple pie sounds too cute!